RE: st: RE: assigning dates with mutiple events and data split into 3 months interval

From   Camila Contessi <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: assigning dates with mutiple events and data split into 3 months interval
Date   Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:52:16 +0100

Thanks Nick and Martin,
I corrected all the identified but still stata gives an error......probabaly the way I am defning the "inrage"
Is there a way to tell stata if a date lies between dates for example,

by id: dateinter>dateexit Subject: st: RE: assigning dates with mutiple events and data split into 3 months interval
> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:14:25 +0100
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
>
> This looks wrong:
>
> labe var y "follow-up time in months*/
>
> Presumably you want
>
> labe var y "follow-up time in months"
>
> There is at least one other problem with your code. The loop will fail
> second time round as -flag- will then already exist.
>
> I don't understand most of the details here, but your loop may need to
> be rewritten something like
>
> gen flag = .
>
> forval ... {
> count ...
> replace flag = r(N) in `i'
> }
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Camila Contessi
>
> I am doing a survival analysis on mutiple events, the data is split into
> 3 months interval. Once the data is split, I would like to assing each
> 3 months a date the measurements of liver funtion is been taken that
> lies between the interval and if it has two measurements within each
> interval to take the first.
> this is the command I am running in STATA 10
> stset exitdate, f(ckd) origin(time datefirstseen) enter(time
> datefirstseen) exit(time .) id (id) scale (30.45)
> recast float _t _t0, force
> gen y= _t- _t0
> labe var y "follow-up time in months*/
> format _origin %d
> stsplit time, every(3)
> sort id
> merge id using `livf' /*then merge with serial measurments data*/
>
> quietly forval i = 1/`= _N' {
> sort id exitdate datelliv ///
> inrange((starf[`i']) (starf[`i'[_n-1]]), - Date, 1,
> 232009)
> gen flag = r(N) in `i'
> }
>
> STATA comes back with "time-series operators not allowed"
> I wnted to genrate the flag to indicate the date between 17/02/06 and
> 19/05/06, which is 01/03/2006. Not sure what I am doing wrong, please
> could nay one help.
>
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Save time by using Hotmail to access your other email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/