Re: st: xtmixed with vce robust or cluster robust

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtmixed with vce robust or cluster robust
Date   Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:04:40 +0200

Hi Stas:

Thanks for the information, though I am not quite following (see Mark's post too).

I also ran this question through the Stata folks, who mentioned that they will probably add these options in future versions, though the SEs in xtmixed (or xtreg with mle) are consistent if the usual assumptions for mle hold.

For the time being one could use the user-written command -gllamm- (available through SSC and written by Sophia Rabe-Hesketh) which can handle robust and cluster robust vce in a multilevel model.

Regards,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland