Re: st: Snow Leopard breaks Stata file util commands

From   "Eric A. Booth" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Snow Leopard breaks Stata file util commands
Date   Mon, 31 Aug 2009 06:45:39 -0500

Which command are you running to shell out to the OS?
-winexec ls-  ?
-!ls -  ?
 -shell ls-  ?

This could very well be an issue with the Stata - Snow Leopard interaction since it works with interactive mode but not in batch mode, but it might be a problem with your computer's $PATH order, $SHELL, or bash_profile. I don't have 10.6 on my machine yet to test this, but I am curious about whether this is some problem with your $PATH order...take a look in terminal. Have you installed MacPorts or Fink previously (during the upgrade/migration/install you may have removed/moved something that affected a dynamically linked library that it relies on)?

What happens if you run -!/bin/ls- or -shell "/bin/ls"- ( instead of just -!ls- or -shell ls-)? If this is your issue, you can either change your PATH so that /bin and /sbin are ahead of /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin or throw out all of your fink or macports install. If this is not the issue, I'd be interested to see some from Stata respond--I've had success in contacting their tech support directly when it's this kind of issue ( http://www.stata.com/support/tech-support/ ).

Best,

Eric

__
Eric A. Booth