Re: st: vary marker color by external variable

Subject   Re: st: vary marker color by external variable
Date   Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:32:47 -0400

Peter Goff<[email protected]> :

See also "Between tables and graphs" by Nick Cox (google it) or try e.g.

sysuse nlsw88, clear
g g=max(grade,8)
la var g "Years of education"
ren married m
egen w=mean(wage), by(g m)
su w, meanonly
g c=round((w-r(min))/(r(max)-r(min))*255)
qui levelsof c, loc(cs)
loc g
foreach c of loc cs {
 loc g `"`g' || sc m g if c==`c', ms(S) msize(large) mc("`c' 100 100")"'
 }
tw `g' leg(off) yla(-.5 " " 0 "N" 1 "Y" 1.5 " ") ti(Wage heat map)