Re: st: StataMP will not utilize multiple processors (Windows XP)

From   Alan Acock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: StataMP will not utilize multiple processors (Windows XP)
Date   Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:31:49 -0700

creturn list is a bit confusing--On my Mac Version 11.0 MP/2 (shown on opening page) when I run creturn list, part of the result is:

        c(current_date) = "31 Jul 2009"
        c(current_time) = "08:24:05"
c(rmsg_time) = 0 (seconds, from set rmsg)
       c(stata_version) = 11
             c(version) = 11                         (version)
           c(born_date) = "13 Jul 2009"
              c(flavor) = "IC"
                  c(SE) = 1
                  c(MP) = 1
c(processors) = 2 (Stata/MP, set processors)
      c(processors_lic) = 2
     c(processors_mach) = 2
      c(processors_max) = 2
                c(mode) = ""
             c(console) = ""

It does have c(MP) = 1 as Elan notes, but just below that it says c(processors) = 2. It looks like I'm running Stata/SE and Stata/MP. The help says it has c(flavor) = IC if you are uning MP, SE, or IC.

--Alan