RE: st: Stata 11 imputation

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata 11 imputation
Date   Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:30:12 -0700

Thanks for this thoughtful reply.  My problem is a little different.  In
my problem, I have some continuous (maybe 'normal') variables, some
dichotomous variables, and some categorical variables.  It looks like mi
impute will allow me to impute the normal variables and all others, but
when I want to impute the categorical variables it looks as if I will
re-impute the normal ones as categories.  I will likely need to continue
to use ICE.

BTW, I've just finished a study on variable selection with missing
values.  I imputed using ICE and then did a stepwise procedure.  It
worked very well and no matter which selection method I used, almost the
same variables were selected.  I used lars, stepwise regression,
stepwise ordered logistic regression.

Manuscript is in final revision process, so not available for
distribution

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health