Re: st: AW: Switching from SPSS to Stata

From   Ronggui Huang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: Switching from SPSS to Stata
Date   Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:26:43 +0800

I agree most of your points, especially about the reference and
manual. After all, service and tech support fee is important source of
profit for open-source software.

Yet, I don't find any difficulty in data manipulations in R. Of
course, R has its own advantages too (e.g. Bayesian stats, plotting
system, GUI programming). Personally, I switch from SPSS to R, and use
Stata occasionally. Both R and Stata are really good.

Ronggui