st: Sample selection with autocorrelated errors

From   kokootchke <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Sample selection with autocorrelated errors
Date   Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:41:25 -0400

Hello everyone!

I posted the message below earlier but I have decided to change the subject and make it a bit more general and see if you guys can suggest some references.

As my message below describes, I would like to run a model in which there is a sample selection component and autocorrelation in the errors. The problem is that, because of selection, some of the past residuals are not observed.

Also, each observation is a bond issued by a given country, so observations are "clustered" both by the different countries that issue these bonds, and by the time period in which they were issued (e.g., a country may issue 3 bonds in a given quarter-year, and then none for the next two quarters, and then 2 the following quarter, and so on).

Could you suggest how I can address these problems or can you point at any references?

Thank you very much!!

Adrian