Re: st: Stata 11 Announcement

From   [email protected] (William Gould, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11 Announcement
Date   Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:21:52 -0500

Susan Averett <[email protected]> asked,

> So, if I purchased Stata 10 earlier this month, can I upgrade for
> free?

If you purchased Stata 10 in May or June, upgrades cost the difference
in prices for the equivalent product, but never less than 0, plus
shipping.

If you pruchased in April, the upgrade to the equivalent product is
discounted 50%, plus shipping.

Say you previously purchased Stata/SE under educational pricing.
The upgrade works out to be:

                                           upgrade software
      Purchased    upgrade software   + purchase new printed doc.
      May or June           0                   250
      April               248                   498
      before April        495                   745
      Printed documentation costs $250 (regular $495) if purchased
      with upgrade.

-- Bill