Re: st: RES: Problem with shp2dta.

From   Amadou DIALLO <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RES: Problem with shp2dta.
Date   Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:09:03 +0300

Hi Henrique,

Thanks for your answer. I have already a dbf file that comes with the
shp file. Are you suggesting it is corrupted?
I follow your suggestion.
I open the dbf file in excel. Then I copy the cells and save them into
stata's editor and save the whole into stata format.

Then I issue my a tmap command (spmap doesn't seem to be working) and
I can draw my map.

But I have hundreds of dbf files to save. Is there any other solution?

Thanks.

Amadou.

2009/6/23, Henrique Neder <[email protected]>:
> A had a similar problem (or perhaps the same) for some time. I discovered
> that the cause was a problem with the data (I had to turn them into Excel,
> edit them and convert them to Dbase) .dbf of coordinates which are converted
> along with the file .shp.
>
> Henrique Neder
> Universidade Federal de Uberlandia - Brazil

---