Re: st: File cannot be save error message. Problem with xml_tab and log using.

From   Amadou DIALLO <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: File cannot be save error message. Problem with xml_tab and log using.
Date   Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:36:56 +0300

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer. I have put a cd "" on the top of the do
file before running the code, so basically, I shouldn't have the
problem. The folder I am saving is a sub directory in "My Documents",
that is "My Documents/Data".

But when I right-clik on the Data folder to check its properties, I
see that folder is read-only. I remove the read-only button check and
re-run the stata code, but when I check again later the folder turns
back to "read-only". Very frustrating !!!
I am the owner of the laptop. I have administrator rights, so I do not
know what to do else.

Thanks for your time.

Amadou.

2009/6/22, Zurab Sajaia <[email protected]>:

> Hi Amadou,
>
> If the folder where you're trying to save files (any files, xml_tab output,
> log, datasets etc) is write protected then of course that can explain error
> 603, Stata needs to be able to save on that location. are you specifiying
> the full path in the save() or -using- options? if you just write
> save(results.xml) that means that you want to save in the current working
> folder, which most of the cases is Stata folder (c:\program files\stata10\
> or something like that) and most probably protected by your system
> administrator.
>
> Try puting a path, which you are sure you have access to, like your "my
> documents" folder and see if you get the same problem.
>
> Without having more info about your setup I can't think of any other
> suggestion.
> Best,
> Zurab
>

>> Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:08:56 +0300
>> Subject: st: File cannot be save error message. Problem with xml_tab and
>> log using.
>> From: [email protected]
>> To: [email protected]
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using two computers with no usb or alike so I cannot show what is
>> going on.
>>
>> I am trying to output tabulations and regression results in a single
>> excel file. I am using xml_tab. Each set of results is saved in a
>> separate sheet. The first option of xml_tab is "replace" followed by
>> a set of "append" commands. However, After a few runs, stata issues an
>> error message:
>>
>> file can not be saved at this location
>> r(603);
>>
>> I try to unprotect the folder (removed the "read-only" check) but it
>> still coming back to read only. Is that the problem? I have the same
>> problem when I try to save in a log file.
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>> Amadou.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Amadou B. DIALLO, PHD
>> Development Economist
>> Director, Center for Research and Training on Adult Education
>> Mayotte, FRANCE
>> www.aprosasoma.org
>> +262639693250
>> *