st: RES: Problem with shp2dta.

From   "Henrique Neder" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RES: Problem with shp2dta.
Date   Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:18:05 -0300

A had a similar problem (or perhaps the same) for some time. I discovered
that the cause was a problem with the data (I had to turn them into Excel,
edit them and convert them to Dbase) .dbf of coordinates which are converted
along with the file .shp.

Henrique Neder
Universidade Federal de Uberlandia - Brazil

-----Mensagem original-----
De: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Em nome de Amadou DIALLO
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 22 de junho de 2009 12:45
Para: [email protected]
Assunto: st: Problem with shp2dta.

Hi,

I have a problem when trying to convert shapefiles. I've got the
following error, but cannot trace it since the issue is with mata. Any
help would be appreciated.

. shp2dta using AZ_DHS_06, data(AZ_DHS_06) coor(coor) replace
             st_addvar():  3300  argument out of range
              read_dbf():     -  function returned error
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error
r(3300);

end of do-file

r(3300);

Amadou B. DIALLO, PHD
Development Economist
Director, Center for Research and Training on Adult Education
Mayotte, FRANCE
www.aprosasoma.org
+262639693250