st: AW: DHS Ghana anthropometry

Subject   st: AW: DHS Ghana anthropometry
Date   Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:53:13 +0200

<>

Note that it is also possible to divide the vars by 100 using -replace-,
though that would mean that you overwrite the original vars and you should
make that clear by attaching a new var label. -Save- the dataset under a new
name in any event...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Tharshini
Thangavelu
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2009 22:13
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: DHS Ghana anthropometry

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody can clarify which command to use for dividing
values
of a anthropometric variables by 100.

I have 4 variables for anthropometry data and according to the information
given
by the DHS (Demograhic and health surveys)I need to divide these variables
by
100 in order to get the correct values since the anthropometry data only
contains values in the interval of [+6 -6].

If someone know which command in stata I should use to divide by 100, please
it
would be a great help. But I was also wondering if I really need to divide
the
variables by 100 since my intuitive reasoning says that I should be able to
keep
the variables as they are and once I have done the regression analysis I can
then divide by 100. Does this make since or is my reasoning not valid?

Regards
Tharshini

--
Tharshini THANGAVELU