st: Re: Marginal Effects in Tobit

Subject   st: Re: Marginal Effects in Tobit
Date   Sat, 30 May 2009 11:21:23 +0200

<>

You keep talking about "dprobit" which is a little weird. I assume you mean "dtobit" and "dtobit2"?

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Bunge" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:17 AM
Subject: st: Marginal Effects in Tobit

Dear All

I'd like to compute the marg. effects and its standard errors for the unconditional expect value in the tobit model.

(1) the standard command "tobit" in combination with "mfx" does not offer the option to compute marginal effects for the UNCONDITIONAL expected value (in contrast to the marg eff on the expected value conditional on being uncensored and the marginal effect on the probability to be uncensored). (2) the command "dprobit" is constantly reporting me an error: "[_se] not found" (3) the command "dprobit2" computes the marginal effects but does not provide the standard errors (or at least its help file does not describe how to obtain them)

Best,

John.