st: Replace string characters disregarding the position of the character in the string

From   "Ben Carpenter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Replace string characters disregarding the position of the character in the string
Date   Fri, 22 May 2009 13:55:05 +0200

Dear statalisters,

I`d really appreciate if someone could help me with a little

string problem.
I want to replace commas "," by dots ".".
The "," occurs in different positions in the string such as

29,6
9,62
389,0

I`d like to convert this data to ...

29.6
9.62
389.0

(...in order to destring the data afterwards).

Could anyone help me with this replace problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
Ben

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-aktionspreis/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a