st: RE: AW: combined Pearson and Spearman (listwise ) + LATEX

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: combined Pearson and Spearman (listwise ) + LATEX
Date   Tue, 19 May 2009 13:37:27 +0100

Not quite your question, but -corrci- from the Stata Journal site
(-search- for exact location) supports confidence intervals for Pearson
correlations.

Thinking is not uniform on this across statistical science, but you only
have to study a few correlations, sample sizes, and calculated P-values
to see that -- unless your sample size is absurdly small -- almost any
correlation qualifies as significant at conventional levels.

Katja Schulze

Thank you, Martin!

You got it, I've got Vista. But now it works perfectly fine after having
updated to 10.1.

Do you also know how to add p-values (best in parantheses) below each
correlation coefficient?

I could imagine

qui spearman `varlist', pw stats(rho p)

could help, but how do I combine the rho-/ and p-matrices? And I do not
find an option for corr similar to the "sig"-option of pwcorr.