st: AW: PWEIGHT question

Subject   st: AW: PWEIGHT question
Date   Fri, 15 May 2009 09:39:44 +0200

<>

I bet this simplicity in other products comes at a steep cost, hidden
somewhere...

See -help weight-, and maybe -help svyset- as well. Also see Cameron and
Trivedi (2009), http://www.stata-press.com/books/mus.html, sect. 3.7.

HTH
Martin

Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Charles Man@CCR
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Mai 2009 08:50
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: PWEIGHT question

Dear subscribers,

I am new to STATA. I want to know how to use pweight option.

I have a small telephone survey dataset of 500 cases which were randomly
drawn from a population of 7 million people. The dataset was weighted
according to income and sex distributions of the population. In Stata, do I
need to include [pw=weight] in all analyses? In SPSS, people simply choose
WEIGHT BY and don't have to be concerned about the weight type. However, in
Stata, we have to determine which weight type is appropriate. Is it Pweight
or Fweight useful in my situation? Which one is the most appropriate?

I look forward to your advice. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Charles