st: "time ratios" and "hazard ratios"

From   "Emory Morrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: "time ratios" and "hazard ratios"
Date   Wed, 13 May 2009 18:16:55 -0500

I am reporting different specifications of event history models within the same paper.

In some of the models (for example the log logistic specification and the log normal specification) stata reports coefficients as time ratios.

In the Weibull model stata report coefficients as hazard ratios.

While the direction of effects are clearly inverted in these two ways of reporting the coefficients, I need to know if these coefficients are precisely inverse.  In other words, can I take the multiplicative inverse of the time ratio and report it as a hazard ratio?

It would be very helpful in writing up the results of the paper, if the coefficients could be read and interpreted in a standardized fashion.

Thanks,

Emory Morrison