Re: st: job transitions

Subject   Re: st: job transitions
Date   Mon, 11 May 2009 10:54:00 -0400

marcel spijkerman <[email protected]>:
Sounds like a case for discrete-time survival analysis to me
("failure" or "death" being end of one job), but you cannot use
characteristics of the new job...  as you say you do not observe all
potential choices at all points in time, in which case you would have
a very interesting and complex competing risks framework, or even at
one point in time for a choice problem (-asclogit-, -asmprobit-,
etc.);
read for starters:
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/iser/teaching/module-ec968