RE: st: St: Ordered Logit Question

From   "Jason Dean, Mr" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: St: Ordered Logit Question
Date   Fri, 8 May 2009 16:20:29 -0400

Hi, you can include interation terms for the explanitory variables but not for the cut point (ancillary) paramaters. I find these to be much different between groups.

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael I. Lichter [[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 3:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: St: Ordered Logit Question

Why can't you include an interaction term? -ml

Jason Dean, Mr wrote:
> Hi Clive, the reason why I don't pool both groups together is that the estimated cut point point paramters are much different for immigrants and the native-born. And you cannot interact them with an immigrant dummy in the ologit command. Thus it constrains them to be the same across groups. I find it makes a large difference, in terms of the results, between pooling them and running them separate. Is my thinking on this wrong?

Michael I. Lichter, Ph.D. <[email protected]>
Research Assistant Professor & NRSA Fellow
UB Department of Family Medicine / Primary Care Research Institute
UB Clinical Center, 462 Grider Street, Buffalo, NY 14215
Office: CC 125 / Phone: 716-898-4751 / FAX: 716-898-3536