Re: st: Threshold regression

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Threshold regression
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 11:15:50 +0100

-findit threg- throws up nothing so I wonder where you got your
command from. I find it unlikely that that command does the estimation
from the Econometrica paper.

It is probably much better if you use Bruce Hansen's own Matlab/Gauss codes:
http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~bhansen/progs/ecnmt_00.html

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Alessandro Gambini <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Maarten,
>
> Thank you very much for your kind reply and for suggesting me how to
> properly formulate a question in Statalist.
> I will try to formulate my question more precisely.
>
> I would like to run a firms-sample splitting on a continously-distributed
> variable, such as firm size.
> This problem in firms' growth literature is dealt in  Hansen B. (2000)
> "Sample splitting and trheshold estimation" Econometrica vol 68 pp. 575-603
> and Chan KS (1993) "Consistency and Limiting distribution of the least
> squares estimator of a threshold autoregressive model", The Annals of
> Statistics, vol 21 pp. 520-533.
>
> I have found the Stata command "threg" to "fit threshold regression model",
> which at first sight could help me in doing it, but I cannot undertand well
> the sintax and the help does not explain what the options "lnx0", "mu",
> "time", "failure" represent. Furthermore, the help of "threg" does not
> provide any reference, so I am not sure if this the right command to solve
> my problem and if yes how to use those options.
>
> Can anyone help me in this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Alessandro
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Maarten buis" <[email protected]>

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).