Re: st: RE: Adj-R2 becomes too low with XTIVREG2?

From   Erasmo Giambona <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Adj-R2 becomes too low with XTIVREG2?
Date   Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:15:26 +0100

Dear Statlist,

Sorry to be here again, but I think this might be interesting to everybody.

I think I have actually found the source of the apparent discrepancy.
It turns out that xtreg does not include the number of groups in the
denominator of the formula to calculate the adj-r2 if one clusters at
the group level. xtivreg2 always includes the number of groups in the
denominator of the formula whether or not one clusters at the group
level.

I really hope Mark Schaffer could comment on this.

Regards,

Erasmo