Re: st: RE: Adj-R2 becomes too low with XTIVREG2?

From   Erasmo Giambona <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Adj-R2 becomes too low with XTIVREG2?
Date   Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:39:05 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I posted a message a few days ago about the Adj-R2 with xtivreg2.
Following a suggestion of Nick Cox, I posted a code (and data) that
exactly replicates my commands.

I will try to reformulate my question with the hope that somebody can
provide some suggestions on how to interpret my output. Here it is: I
fit exactly the same model with xtreg and xtivreg2. R2 and Adj-R2 are
about 0.20 with xtreg. R2 and Adj-R2 are respectively about 0.20 and
0.02 with xtreg and xtivreg2. I am puzzled by the drop in the Adj-R2
in this latter case. My question is: could this drop by explained by
the poor properties of the Adj-R2 with IV regressions?

I would also be happy to pass my data and code to anybody who can
provide further insights.

Thanks and regards,

Erasmo