Re: st: -xtgls- and memory problems

From   Christian Bustamante <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -xtgls- and memory problems
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:41:20 -0500

Hi,

In my laptop I also have Stata Intercooled 9.1. In this Stata version
I can set the memory until 1300mb while in Stata/SE 10.1 it only con
be 500mb.... why it's the problem?
I need to use the SE version cause it's necesary an large matsize to
run -xtgls-, but in the Intercooled vesion it can be 800, maximum.

Bests

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Christian Bustamante <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Statalisters
>
> I have a problem when I tried to run -xtgls- Stata saids:
>
> insufficient memory for temporary matrix
>   You need to increase the size of memory; see help memory.
> r(950);
>
> In a previous ocassion I ran the same command in the same laptop, I
> don't kwon what happens. Also, after I could assign more than 1gb to
> memory (I have 3gb of RAM), but now I can only assing 500mb.... what's
> going on?
>
> Ps. I didn't do a "real" partition. The c drive is unaltered, I only
> made a virtual partition to run Ubuntu in a dual boot laptop.
>
> --
> CdeB
> *
> *   For searches and help try: