RE: st: re: Is there a similar output command as outreg for Summary?

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: re: Is there a similar output command as outreg for Summary?
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:09:19 -0700

> I agree that this is a better solution than using -outtable-, as -
> estout- can readily handle several output formats (and is more useful
> generally, and better documented, than -outreg- IMHO).
>
> Kit

A great thing about John Gallup's original -outreg- is that
it does not need extensive documentation to run. Brevity is a
virtue in this case. The original Macintosh (computer) once
boasted that it came with a single manual.

IMHO, the reverse can also be true.

SAS is extremely well-documented. I don't know any statistical
softwarethat comes with more documentations. All that documentations
serves as a post hoc dressing (i.e. bandaid) for the ad hoc syntax
(which is understandable, since SAS was one of the earliest to appear).

Stata is much better designed with subsequent programming knowhow
built into it (plus the benefit of whoever did the writing).

As for myself, I would like Stata to keep running like a Stata,
which is to say without the need for extensive documentation, and
I think many people would agree with me on this one.

Roy

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list.