Re: st: AW: double hurdle model with Tobit second stage estimation

From   Kirimi Sindi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: double hurdle model with Tobit second stage estimation
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:16:38 -0500

Heckprob is not appropriate in my case. Heckprob would treat the pile of zeros i have as unobserved whereas the Tobit treats them as observed zeros. This is the case in my data and therefore heckprob is not an appropriate model. I could run a first stage Probit then a second stage Tobit. However, the Tobit in the second stage does not use all the data observed and hence the standard errors will not be correct leading to wrong t statistics and be unable to interpret the results.

Kirimi

Martin Weiss wrote:
<>
Have you looked into