Re: st: event history analysis with years clustered in individuals

Subject   Re: st: event history analysis with years clustered in individuals
Date   Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:22:26 -0500

Hilde Karlsen <[email protected]>:
If you have to use a mixed model as an exercise, and you have no
compelling reason to choose a particular research question, you should
ask a different research question where a mixed model is a more
appropriate model, not apply it blindly to data you know is better
suited to a survival model.  Why not use the attrition dummy you have
made as the explanatory variable in a mixed model instead--what other
variables do you have on the data?