st: competing risk models combined with multiple failure model

From   Miriam Abu Sharkh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Subject   st: competing risk models combined with multiple failure model
Date   Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:59:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi May,

I found your answer to Wesley Sine (below) very helpful who asked for assistance with analysing competing risks using a proportional hazards Cox model:
I too am trying to run a competing risks event history (stcox) model using stata but with three potential outcomes. Bit in my case it is essential that these can be repeated.
I have found both competing risk models and multiple failure models helpful (see http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/stmfail.html) but I am looking for one that includes both options.

In my case, I would like to model countries becoming (1) autocracies, or (2) democracies or (3) consolidating democracy so far so good for the competing risk model but I would need a model in which these events can happen multiple times.
Thank you! Miriam

On Friday afternoon, Wesley Sine asked for help with