Re: st: AW: Area under a percentile point

From   zeynep elitaş <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: Area under a percentile point
Date   Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:03:49 +0200

It looks like it'll work just fine
Thanks for your time
Zeynep Elitas

2009/2/3 Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>:

> What you want is a bit strange, but here is how I would do it:
>
>  sort myvar
>  keep if _n<0.75*_N
>

> hope this helps,
> Jeph
>

> zeynep elitaş wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for help, but this does not solve my problem.  As a simple
>> example, lets assume we have a data set containing five 6's and five
>> 7's. so the sample size is 10. Now if I wanted to keep the data values
>> below the 75 th percentile, I would roughly have 7 observations
>> remaining. However, following your suggestion I end up keeping all the
>> observations.
>> Thanks
>> Zeynep Elitas
>>
>> 2009/2/3 Martin Weiss <[email protected]>:
>>>
>>> <>
>>>
>>> Let`s keep those below the 75 percentile of generated normal deviates...

>>> clear*
>>> set obs 1000
>>> generate x=rnormal()
>>> _pctile x, p(75)
>>> keep if x<=r(r1)
>>>

>>> HTH
>>> Martin

>>> [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von zeynep