st:Hausman test in Stata vs.SPSS

From   "Mandy fu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st:Hausman test in Stata vs.SPSS
Date   Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:40:13 -0500

Hi all,

My question is kind of weird: I was wondering if anyone knows if
there's easy way  to do Hausman test after fixed effect and random
effect models for panel data in SPSS.

I know Stata provides  the easiest way to do fixed effect, random
effect, and then Hausman test. I love this! The thing is, in a project
using SPSS in all the previous part, I hope to see if there's any way
to keep using SPSS for the Hausman test after FE and RE models. Any
comments will be helpful.

I have two reasons to ask statalisters this question :first, most
people here know the advantages and disadvantages of SPSS and Stata
well. Second, when searching SPSS forum, I find there's just one post
about Hausman test and interestingly, someone replies to use Stata to
do Hausman test instead.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

Mandy