Re: st:Hausman test in Stata vs.SPSS

From   Carl Nelson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:Hausman test in Stata vs.SPSS
Date   Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:38:08 -0600 (CST)

Mandy,

My preference for running the Hausman test in stata is to include individual means of all the time varying variables in an ols or re model. Then run a Wald test for the joint significance of the individual means. It can be shown that this is algebraically equivalent to the Hausman test. And you don't run into negative covariance problems.
So you should be able to run the identical test in SPSS.

Carl Nelson