Re: st: RE: exogeneity test for biprobit and control function?

From   "Nirina F" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: exogeneity test for biprobit and control function?
Date   Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:55:22 -0500

Hi Mark,

I mean by control function the following step instead of using ivreg2

use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/wooldridge/mroz.dta
ivreg2 lwage exper expersq (educ=age kidslt6 kidsge6)

I use:
reg educ  age kidslt6 kidsge6
predict ghat
reg lwage exper expersq educ ghat

The reason is that instead of lwage, I have binary variable called y  so I run
probit y exper expersq educ ghat

So are we on the same line?
Thanks
nirina