RE: st: Video from multiple graph exports

Subject   RE: st: Video from multiple graph exports
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:22:26 +0100

Line for the server...

Michael: "!start mygr.pdf" gives you the same sequence of events as "!
mygr.pdf", but does not leave the "Command Prompt" window open. Of course I
learned this from Sergiy back in the day:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-05/msg01159.html

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael Hanson
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Video from multiple graph exports

I see.  I had misinterpreted your earlier response to suggest that
you had done something more fancy, but I suspect for some users these
represent useful ideas to get started.  I could imagine extending
this to examples such as integrating automatic PDF generation into an
ado file, passing options to epstopdf via Stata, and/or engaging in
batch processing of files from within Stata.

For my own curiosity, is the "start" command standard in the Windows
equivalent of a shell?  (I'm so used to working with Unix-based OSs,
I'm not even sure if "shell" is the right word here.)  Does it simply
launch the program associated with the file extension of the listed
file -- in this case some pre-specified PDF reader?

Thanks,
Mike

On Dec 3, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Martin Weiss wrote:

> Not too much magic there. What I meant was: I would not know how to
> tell Acrobat  or other suggested PDF-makers to just turn my graph
> into a pdf file. Most of the other utilities are installed as
> printers, so that would complicate matters for me...
>
> sysuse auto, clear
> sc mpg wei
> cap erase mygr.eps
> cap erase mygr.pdf