Re: st: Re: RE: SBIR grants at Stata?

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: RE: SBIR grants at Stata?
Date   Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:36:24 -0600

SBIRs are a common vehicle for small software developers (and Stata is
small... at least compared to SAS). And if not for that money,
StataCorp would have to either charge more per license or have fewer
features developed. So that's at least somewhat important information.

And yes, a lot of biostatisticians in the US has majority (sometimes
80% or 90%) of their funding from grants. Expansions or contractions
of the federal US grant funding are the biggest pieces of news for
people in those positions...