Re: st: path for winexec?

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: path for winexec?
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 17:23:36 -0400

Just wanted to add to Steven's advice:

shell start c:\mydir\my.pdf

will do the same as Steven described, with 2 differences:
1. the prompt window will close almost instantly
2. Stata will not wait for you to close Acrobat Reader (or whatever
program is handling PDFs) and will continue with your program (do/ado)

This may be useful if you want to open multiple PDFs (or XLSs, or
whatever) files simultaneousely or open your intermediate results and
continue computations.

This works in Windows only. "Start" can be implemented as internal or
external command in different versions of Windows (i.e. some of them
have start.exe). In theory it shouldn't matter, as long as start.exe
is in one of the directories along the path.

Best regards, Sergiy