st: svy and pweight postestimation tools

From   Carissa Moffat Miller <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: svy and pweight postestimation tools
Date   Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:45:00 -0800

StataList:

I am conducting logistic regression for a complex survey design using Stata version 9. I have found in your past discussions and the user manuals that many postestimation tests are not appropriate with svy commands. I have not found discussion on classification tables and residuals and have been unable to get the following commands to work either with an svy command or by just using the pweights in Stata.

I have been able to get these to work in another software program using the weights, but I'm concerned it isn't appropriately applied. Can someone tell me: 1) if these tests are appropriate with complex survey data or just pweights, and 2) if so,what are the commands or where would I find them? or 3) if not appropriate, a reference I might cite?

(Note: The strata and PSUs, when analyzed separately, provide design effects almost equal to
1 so the effects in my model are almost entirely from the weighting. So, I could get results -except for standard errors - using just the weights.)

Cheers, Carissa

Syntax and error messages:

svyset APSU [pweight=FAWT], strata (ASTRATUM)
xi: svy: logistic aepart i.agecat i.Incomequ i.HIGHEDUC employed female urban

estat clas

{ERROR}: invalid subcommand clas

predict r, residuals
summarize r, detail