Re: st: Loop over variables with svyset

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Loop over variables with svyset
Date   Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:33:04 -0500

Daniel,

Your previous message did not state that you had a "variable not
found" error. Section 3.3 of the Statalist FAQ advises: "Say exactly
what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in response. N.B.
exactly! If you can, reproduce the error with one of Stata's provided
datasets or a simple concocted dataset that you include in your
posting."

Does your loop produce the variable names that you need? You can check
by adding -display- commands to the loop, as I suggested in my last
message.

display "`k'"
display "Q1170_0`year'"
display "Q0`k'_0`year'"

You can also use -confirm- in combination with -capture- to execute
commands only for variables that exist in your data.

sysuse auto, clear
foreach var in mpg weight xyz {
  capture confirm variable `var'
  if !_rc {