Re: st: Stata 10 MP4 crashing

From   Hua Peng <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 MP4 crashing
Date   Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:31:58 -0600

sdm1 ([email protected]) is experiencing random Stata 10 MP4 crashes on
a 64 bit Windows OS with a Citrix Presentation Server v4.

>I'm using Stata 10 MP4 on a 64 bit Windows OS with a Citrix Presentation
>Server v4.
>
>Unfortunately some sessions are crashing particularly, but not exclusively,
>when reading in data sets and I'm trying to identify the cause of this.  It
>seems to be random in the sense that the same do file will sometimes work
>and sometimes crash.  Has anyone else experienced this with MP4?
>
>My first thought is that Stata is running out of memory; if this was the
>case, would it cause the Stata session to close or would I just get an error
>message?

We have not had any other reports of the issue sdm1 wrote about.
It is going to take some investigation to determine where the problem
lies.

We will contact sdm1 off the list to track down the cause and will
report back to Statalist.

--Hua
([email protected])