Re: st: Stata 10 MP4 crashing

From   Paula Lackie <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 MP4 crashing
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:16:05 -0600 (CST)

For what it's worth; I have Stata 10 MP4 running on 64 bit vista with 16 gig of ram.  It's now running very smoothly on MacPro hardware.  The whole system was unpredictably crashy until all of the ram chips were from the same vendor. This could be a peculiar issue with the MacPro hardware & its memory, or some combination of the original 10 gig chip mix (which was two 8 gig plus the Apple-shipped original two 1 gig chips.)

Good luck,
Paula

Paula Lackie - Carleton College - Northfield, MN USA
Academic Technologist
http://apps.carleton.edu/campus/at/

[email protected] | 507.222.5607 | http://go.carleton.edu/e6

----- Original Message -----
From: "sdm1" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:52:31 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: st: Stata 10 MP4 crashing

I'm using Stata 10 MP4 on a 64 bit Windows OS with a Citrix Presentation
Server v4.

Unfortunately some sessions are crashing particularly, but not exclusively,
when reading in data sets and I'm trying to identify the cause of this.  It
seems to be random in the sense that the same do file will sometimes work
and sometimes crash.  Has anyone else experienced this with MP4?

My first thought is that Stata is running out of memory; if this was the
case, would it cause the Stata session to close or would I just get an error
message?

Thanks.