Re: st: RE: RE: StataMP 10.1 mem issue

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: StataMP 10.1 mem issue
Date   Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:50:14 -0500

If you can't change the OS in any way, there is not much can be done.

Let us know what the tech support says, so far it was a known issue
between Stata 9 and Stata 10, but not within Stata 10.
The guys in tech support will be less confused if you mention that
your OS is 32-bit, not 34-bit (unless it actually is 34-bit :).

Legend has it, that trying booting in safe-mode, and preventing from
starting (not shutting down after start, but preventing from
starting!) all the unnecessary stuff that starts during the boot-up
(including updaters, download managers, antiviruses, pop-up blockers,
messengers, etc) might help.

Finally you may consider reducing the size of the data you are using.
Your school may consider it possible to establish a 64-bit server and
run Stata there via remote sessions, and keeping the student's
machines 32-bit.

Regards, Sergiy Radyakin