RE: st: graph bar and/or catplot

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: graph bar and/or catplot
Date   Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:39:55 +0000

nick (cox),

to be sure 'c'est la vie' didn't mean giving up. intuitively i thought so too that the problem can't be that difficult having used your catplot in the past. at the moment though i am not making any headway. i have a feeling that i need to manipulate the data into something else first before applying the appropriate [G]raph command to produce the graph that i wanted (like so below) but what that something else first is i am stumped (or that the data set-up need to re-organized in a different):

	^
no. of	+
returns  80+	xx
	+	xx           xx                  cc	xx cc
            60+	xx cc       xx	    cc	xx cc
	+	xx cc       xx	xx cc	xx cc
	+	xx cc       xx cc          xx cc	xx cc
	+	xx cc       xx cc	xx cc	xx cc
	+	xx cc       xx cc	xx cc	xx cc
	+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>
		  1	  2	  3	  4	  5

xx = laser1
cc = laser2

xx and cc are my 'cartoon-ish' substitute for a bar histogram for laser 1 and 2 respectively.

there is also a category of responds i.e. equal to 5 which none of the subjects returns in evaluating laser1 or laser2 hence will be zero on the histogram as seen above. i am not sure how much of the above illustration describes what i wanted better than words can but i hope it does. if further description in words is required please do let me know.

as requested, the contigency table is as follows:

.tab laser1	laser2

			laser2
	laser1	1	2	3	4	Total

	1	70	65	22	8	165
	2	64	29	13	0	106
	3	20	8	2	0	30
	4	11	3	1	0	15

	Total	165	105	38	8	316

once again thank you for your (or anyone else's) input.

regards,
bw