st: how to open very large txt files (>6G)

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to open very large txt files (>6G)
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:48:50 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I need to check if the data looks OK - the data should be delimited by
pipe (|) so I want to check if there is any double quote in the data
before I read it into Stata.  The data is in txt format.  I wonder
which are text editors would allow me to open that up.  All
suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Ada