RE: st: RE: Re: label (automatically)

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Re: label (automatically)
Date   Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:14:10 -0500

1. -defv- may let you (re)generate a variable, but putting the
definition in notes is a nuisance:
2. -defv- seems to require spaces

By contrast -labgen- puts the definition directly in the variable label
and doesn't require spaces - however -labgen won't allow regeneration.

Al F.

. drop temp*

. defv temp1 = log(day)

. defv temp2=log(day)
r(7);

. labgen temp3=log(day)

. des temp*

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
temp1           float  %9.0g                *
temp3           float  %9.0g                  log(day)

. notes temp1

temp1:
  1.  generate temp1 = log(day)

.