Re: st: Using A-Weights and Robust Clustered Standard Errors with Suest Command

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using A-Weights and Robust Clustered Standard Errors with Suest Command
Date   Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:49:13 -0500

you can probably brute-force your weights with

gen byte ones = 1
estimate whatever [aw=ones]

if you like, to have the weight types consistent in two of the -suest-
estimations. To my understanding, the actual implementation of weights
rarely differs by type; but Stata Corp. takes good care of not letting
you use weights that do not make sense in a particular context. The
analytic weights are supposed to be weighting by the (inverse of)
measurement error variance (e.g. for aggregated data with weights
assumed to be inversely proportional to the number of observations in
disaggregated data). If you describe what variance you want to talk
about in your logit regression, you could make a case. In sampling
applications, the weights are typically probability weights, and
-logit- will happily accomodate those.