Re: st: Re: problem with overid after ivtobit

Subject   Re: st: Re: problem with overid after ivtobit
Date   Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:49:31 -0500

At 06:05 AM 9/22/2008, Kit Baum wrote:
< >
Indeed, -findit overid- comes up with overid as published in SJ 7:4
(2007), and with an entry from SSC. As is usually the case, the SSC
version (ssc describe overid) is later than that in the SJ. -which
overid- on my system yields

*! overid V2.0.5 07jul2008
*! Authors C F Baum, Vince Wiggins, Steve Stillman, Mark Schaffer

so that is the version you should install. This is true of many items
on SSC which have also been published at one time or another in the SJ
or Stata Technical Bulletin.
One of the few exceptions to the SSC-first rule that I am aware of is -fitstat-. I always have to tell my students to get the version stored on J. Scott Long's site (as part of his -spost- packages) rather than the SSC version. Perhaps there are other instances where personally maintained sites have versions that are as new or newer as what is on SSC.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam