Re: st: please assist me

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: please assist me
Date   Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:45:11 +0100

nigussie Tefera wrote:
Dear all
I am PhD student and request your assistance on this issues. Suppose I have two columns variable "lnexp" and "region" where lnexp is log of expenditure (continuous) and region is a categorivsl variable; 1=Eastern region, 2=Southern region and 3= Northern region. If I want to draw kernel graphs of "lnexp" for these regions on one chart, what should I do on Stata 10? I need a command.
Your in luck Stata has a command. Well it actually has many, but the one you probably want is...

histogram lnexp, by(region)

..should do the trick. See -man histogram- (for the main bulk of drawing histrograms) and -man twoway_options- (for details of how the ,by() option works). There are of course lots of other options for labelling your graphs and so forth, all of which are documented in the online help (and linked from -man histogram- page).

Neil

This message may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient you should not disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform the sender that this message has gone astray before
deleting it. Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS. It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS and would like an NHSmail email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/