st: Line graph using row percents

From   "Mike Schmitt" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Line graph using row percents
Date   Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:46:29 -0500

Hi all,

I'm slowly getting acquainted with Stata, however I've become stumped
while trying to prepare a chart/graph.

Currently, I have three dichotomous drug variables (drugA ,drugB, and
drugC), each indicating whether a patient is prescribed a particular
anti-hypertensive medication, and a fourth dichotomous variable
(htnClass) that indicates that a patient has been prescribed drug A,
B, or C.  I also have a year variable, indicating the year in which
the drug was prescribed. The data set is larger than just
anti-hypertensives, so I wave hoping to create a line graph showing
prescribing of these anti-hypertensives over time.  However, I want to
graph by row percent.  Thus:

if(htnClass==1), graph the row percents of drugA, drugB, and drugC by year.

I'd like to have row percent on the Y axis and year on the X, but
truthfully, I'm not even using the correct graphing option.  I can get
the dot chart to look right (but I don't know how to add lines to
connect the points). Any help is appreciated.  Thanks,

Mike Schmitt

(My apologies if this is a duplicate post)