Re: st: selection correction in survival models

Subject   Re: st: selection correction in survival models
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:22:07 -0400

Murali Kuchibhotla <[email protected]>:
Google is your friend here. There is a paper on "Heckman style
corrections" for survival models called "A Generalized Parametric
Selection Model for Non-Normal Data" by James E. Prieger.  On IV for
duration models, there is some work as well, e.g. "Instrumental
Variable Estimation for Duration Data" by Govert E. Bijwaard.  These
models will not make it into official Stata until they have been used
a bunch, which might not happen until some user makes that easy by
programming a version of them...