Re: st: When number of regressors greaterthan the number of clusters in OLS regression

From   Divya Balasubramaniam <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: When number of regressors greaterthan the number of clusters in OLS regression
Date   Mon, 1 Sep 2008 17:26:28 -0400 (EDT)

I am still quite unclear exactly why I do not need to cluster by State at all? Can you kindly explain it one more time to me? Is it because that my dataset is not a sample but accounts for 100% of the population? Or is there something else I need to consider?

so instead of areg Y on X, absorb(state) robust cluster(state); I will now run areg Y on X, absorb(state) robust
correct?

Also can someone explain the inference of individual coefficients estimates when we encounter this kind of problem in case OLS regression (with lesser # cluster than the # regressors)

Thanks,
Divya.