Re: st: showing row labels in -table-

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: showing row labels in -table-
Date   Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:27:15 -0700

Thank you Martin, I apologize. Here's my question, more clearly stated:

Is it possible to show the row headers for cell contents in summary tables created with the -table- command? For example, in the following table, stratified horizontally by:
domestic
foreign,
I have specified that the cell contents should report:
mean mpg
mean headroom.

What I would like to do is display the row headers "Avg mpg" and "Avg headroom", underneath each of the row super headers Domestic and Foreign.

clear
sysuse auto
tab price
gen pricelevel=1
replace pricelevel=2 if price>6000
table foreign pricelevel, contents(mean mpg mean headroom) col format(%9.2g) cen

Therefore, I would like to specify that in this table the left-hand row headers would read:
Domestic
Avg mpg
Avg headroom
Foreign
Avg mpg
Avg headroom

Hope this is more clear!

Although you demonstrate your problem with the -auto- dataset, I still do not get what you want. -pricelevel- has no -value labels-; on top of that, it forms the columns and not the rows. When I run your example, I get the following:

-------------------------------
| pricelevel
Car type | 1 2 Total
----------+--------------------
Domestic | 21 16 20
| 3.1 3.4 3.2

Foreign | 27 21 25
| 2.7 2.5 2.6

Maybe you can tell the list what more you want...

HTH
Martin

Quoting Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>:

I'm using -table- to create summary tables. Is it possible to show the
row headers for cell contents?

For example, in this table I can't display pricelevel row labels for
the cell contents rows:

clear
sysuse auto
tab price
gen pricelevel=1
replace pricelevel=2 if price>6000
table foreign pricelevel, contents(mean mpg mean headroom) col
format(%9.2g) cen

Michael